Hi, 👋 Jack here – Toasty’s Head of Product. I work with our designers and engineers to build Toasty.
I wanted to share a quick update with some recent updates we’ve launched.
It can be hard for your audience to start interacting, but Toasty has the solution. We’ve been working hard to help you host a Toasty session at your next event, by making it easier, smoother and more engaging.
Doing ice-breaker questions together and seeing the results live on the big screen
This first update makes Toasty more exciting for the audience and even easier for the host!
Previously, participants answered the ice-breaking questions in their own time, and the results were private, visible only to the host.
But now, everyone answers together! This adds a big dose of fun, because everyone can instantly see how everyone else responded.
Here’s how it works:
- When you kick-off your Toasty session, the QR Code will appear on the big screen.
- Now, each audience member will join with their name and email, and then their name will appear on the screen!
- Once most people in the room have joined, you can click “Start questions!”
- Each participant answers the questions on their own device before the timer runs out.
- The responses will be updated on the big screen instantly, so everyone can see which option is more popular
- After the timer has elapsed, or everyone has answered, Toasty will automatically move on to the next question – as a host, this makes your life easy, just sit back and enjoy.
After all the questions are done, everyone is grouped with the people they should meet. They will use the group number and color to find their group members.
Allow people to join your Toasty session later
Did some people not manage to join before you started the questions? Or maybe they arrived at the event late? Don’t worry! They can still join in your Toasty session.
Now, people can join at any time, including after the questions have started and even after the groups are already formed.
When a participant joins after the groups are formed, they’ll be assigned to an existing group, so you know they won’t be alone – they just need to go find their group in the room.
As a host, this update gives you a lot more flexibility with Toasty:
- Try running your Toasty session at the beginning of the event when people are still arriving. What an exciting way to start an event!
- Run a Toasty session in an environment when people are joining and leaving at different times – the group can be constantly changing with new people joining.
Group members can now exchange their contact information instantly by pressing the Toasty button
If you’re a community manager who runs networking events, you might often see the awkward dance of people exchanging business cards. Or maybe, like me, you always forget to bring yours 🤦♂️
At Toasty, we’re helping your event attendees go paper-free by removing the need for business cards altogether. Our new Contact Exchange feature allows participants to start an email conversation instantly with a single tap. It’s the future!
Not only is it easy and convenient, it’s also a delightful experience that your attendees will find really fun to discover and use. Here’s how it works:
- After your participants are grouped together, the group members will find each other in the room and introduce themselves to their new connections.
- Now, your group members can press the Toasty button their screens at the same time, and hold down for 3 seconds.
- Instantly, an email conversation will be started and send to all the group members who pressed the button – it will be waiting in their inbox ready to keep the conversation going after the event!
The Toasty button is a powerful and fun interaction, allowing you to make Networking events more dynamic with instant contact exchange. But we’ll be adding more possible functionalities for the Toasty button soon, so you can use the same fun interaction in a workshop or gathering where participants don’t need to exchange contact details. Stay tuned!
That’s it for this update. We’re busy working hard to make Toasty easier, more engaging and more valuable.
If you ever have feature requests or ideas, I’d love to hear them. Get in touch and let me know your thoughts at [email protected]